Rosewood hotel in former Palace of Justice.
Halfway through the 17th century, the city authorities ordered for a new orphanage to be built at Prinsengracht. In 1666, the new building by urban architect Daniël Stalpaert was completed and the first orphans moved in. In 1783 the building was extended, with both side wings being raised by two floors. After the orphanage was closed in 1825, the local authorities decided to relocate the judicature from Amsterdam to this building. The architect was Jan de Greef. One of the main construction jobs was to alter the façade at Prinsengracht. During this period, the interior and furniture were also designed and constructed especially for the building. The building was taken into use in 1836. As a result of a lack of space, the interior was modified in 1892, adding a new courtroom, terrazzo work, panelling and chic coffered ceilings. In 1931, the basement water cisterns were converted into archive space. In 1950, the building reached its current size, when the government acquired the adjacent buildings and those at the rear at Prinsengracht, Leidsegracht and Lange Leidsedwarsstraat.
Former Palace of Justice, will be redeveloped and turned into a Rosewood hotel.
On a dike in Durgerdam overlooking the Markermeer, we are developing two buildings into a boutique hotel.
Six buildings between three inner-city canals, Amstel, Nieuwe Prinsengracht and the Onbekendegracht, are being converted into a new hotel concept.